Saturday, June 21, 2008

New pet spider!

At about 3:00 pm, my dad and I went to our worm bin and caught a big spider to keep as a pet. I believe this is a Giant House Spider, but it also could be the closely related Hobo Spider. I have named my new pet Housy I am planning to start feeding him tomorrow. He or she managed to escape once and crawl into a shoe container before we caught him or her. (I am just going to call it a he from now on.)








I made a special habitat for him in a small cage, using twigs, sand, and small pieces of wood. I think he likes his new home and he has finally stoped trying to crawl out of it. I thought it was kind of cute when he was standing up against the plastic on his two back legs trying to get out.



This is a picture of the habitat.

`

`

`

`

**********************************************************************************`

Spiders, Bugs, House Spiders, Giant House Spiders, Spider Pets, Spider Identification, Spider Habitat, Insects, Entomology

No comments: